Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mostly Dopey

The Dopey Challenge is fast approaching, with less than two-and-a-half months remaining to prepare myself for running a 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon (a total of 48.6 miles) on four consecutive days. This weekend I wanted to find out how my training was going and learn a little about how my body might react to all that running.

I ran 3 miles last Thursday, 6 miles on Friday, 9 miles on Saturday and 18 miles (my longest run yet) on Sunday. Saturday's 9 miles were probably toughest of all, with 25 mph winds and 34 degree windchill. My legs were definitely feeling tired Sunday but I got the run in without any injuries.

I made a short video to chronicle my 18 mile training run.


I have some shorter runs between now and the RunDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon at Walt Disney World on November 9th. Then more long runs leading up to WDW Marathon Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment